Spaghetti (GF if required)
1 brown onion diced
2 medium carrots grated
300g mushrooms finely diced
2 cloves of minced garlic
Red split lentils
2 cups vegetable stock
1 x Tin tomatoes
5 basil leaves
Salt and Pepper to taste
Dairy Free Down Under parmesan
Dairy Free Down Under cheddar
- Preheat oven to 200⁰ Fill a saucepan with water and cook spaghetti according to packet directions.
- Fill the saucepan with water and cook the spaghetti according to the packet directions.
- Heat a large frypan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil on a medium to high heat.
- Add the diced onion and cook for 2-3 mins or until softened stirring occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms, carrot and 2 cloves garlic minced and cook for another 2-3 mins stirring occasionally.
- Then add 1 ½ cups of lentils and stir to combine.
- Add the 2 cups of vegetable stock and bring to boil then reduce to simmer, place a lid on and simmer for 8-10 mins.
- Add the tin tomatoes and chopped basil to the lentil sauce and season with salt and pepper, simmer for another 4-5 mins or until the lentils are tender but still firm.
- Serve on the cooked pasta topped with a sprinkle of Dairy Free Down Under parmesan or Dairy Free Down Under Cheddar.