It’s that time of the year when we start thinking about what to serve around the table this festive season and with so many food intolerances, this one will suit those with a dairy intolerance and who prefers a vegan treat. It’s smooth, sweet, and creamy, this NO BAKE Vegan Cheesecake is the perfect way to end any special meal. Top with raspberries or with whatever fruit is seasonal.
For the base:
- 200g vegan digestive biscuits (you could select gluten free biscuits)
- 80 g melted vegan spread or dairy free butter
For the filling:
- 200g Nestle Plant Based Condensed Milk Alternative is our favourite choice
- 125ml melted coconut oil
- 35g cornflour
- 600g Dairy Free Down Under vegan cream cheese alternative
- 40g icing sugar
- 1tsp pure vanilla extract
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 1 tbs lemon juice
For the topping:
- 200g fresh or thawed frozen raspberries (you can use whichever fruit you like)
- 160g raspberry jam
- 18cm spring form cake pan
- Place the biscuits into a food processor or blender and blitz until it becomes a fine crumb. Add the vegan butter to the biscuit crumbs and blitz until the mixture resembles a thick paste.
- Press into a lined cake tin and place into the fridge.
- Combine Nestle Plant Based Condensed Milk Alternative, coconut oil and cornflour into a small saucepan. Turn the heat to medium and whisk together until smooth and warmed up. You do not have to cook this mixture, simply warm up and whisk well until it forms a lightly golden paste; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the Dairy Free Down Under vegan cream cheese and icing sugar and beat using a hand mixer for 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Gradually pour in the condensed milk mixture and beat on low until well-combined. Add in the vanilla, lemon zest and juice and beat again until smooth. Pour the mixture on top of the biscuit base and chill for a minimum of 3 hours (or overnight) until set.
- Mix the raspberries (gently mash some if desired) with the jam until well-combined. Spread evenly over the cheesecake and chill until ready to serve.