There’s always that moment just before you drop the first pattie into the pan… will they stay together? Well with this yummy recipe featuring some trusty cauliflower rice you never have to worry again!
Cauliflower patties make the perfect light dinner – or meal-prep snack to keep in the fridge – they’re so tasty, easy to create, and pair perfectly with a zesty avocado dairy-free aioli and a crispy side salad!
Prep time 20mins
Cooking Time 15mins
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup oat milk
- 1/4 cup Dairy Free Down Under Cashew Parmesan
- 1 cup canned corn
- 5 spring onions
- 3 tbsps fresh dill chopped
- Oil for frying
For the avocado aioli
- 5 tbsps Dairy Free Down Under Aioli Style
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Prepare a paper towel lined tray and set aside
- Scoop out the avocado into a small bowl, add garlic, lemon, salt & pepper and Dairy Free Down Under Aioli Style, combine and leave in the fridge until ready to serve
- Cut your cauliflower into florets and whizz in the food processor to create a rice like texture
- To a large bowl add the flour, cornflour, garlic, baking powder, salt and pepper and whisk to combine well.
- Add oat milk to the batter and whisk until combined – the batter should be thick, but if looks dry, add a few teaspoons of oat milk or oil to moisten.
- Add the corn, cauliflower, dill, spring onions and Dairy Free Down Under Cashew Parmesan – fold with a spatula to combine
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add oil on the bottom to coat
- Spoon your batter into a 1/4 measuring cup and gently tip it into the hot pan (you should hear a sizzle)
- Gently press the batter to flatten, after a few minutes, flip it over – you will need to cook in batches and not overcrowd the pan – keep an eye on them as the other side will cook fast!
- Place fritters on a towel lines plate to absorb excess oil
- Serve with spoonful’s of avocado aioli and a sprinkling of fresh dill