Any good summer party has to have a yummy potato salad, but for this one, we’ve spiced it up a little! This recipe is just as easy as the known and loved original, but with the potential to stand-alone as a dish you might just want to reserve your whole plate for.
The subtle spice from the curry powder is beautifully balanced with the addition of a healthy dollop of plant-based sour cream, so when the group chat starts for the party, jump onto bringing along the potato salad and give this one a try.
Prep time 10mins
Cooking Time 20mins
Serves Side dish
- 4 medium potatoes peeled & cut into cubes
- 2 tbs Dairy Free Down Under mayo style
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbs Dairy Free Down Under sour cream
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 spring onions chopped
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbs chives chopped
- 1/2 tbs salt (plus a little extra to serve)
- Sweet paprika (to serve)
- Put your cubed potatoes in a large pot with enough water to cover by a few inches, add a little bit of salt
- Bring to a boil over high heat then reduce to a slow boil. Cook until potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, about 15-20 mins. Drain into a colander, gently rinse with water, and set aside to cool
- Add the dairy-free mayo, dijon mustard, dairy-free sour cream, curry powder, and extra pinch of salt in a large bowl, whisk to combine, add your lemon, then whisk again
- Add the cooled potatoes and spring onions to the mayo mix and gently stir. Chill until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle with fresh chives and paprika, and enjoy!