You can’t go wrong with this vegan lasagne, the flavours are there and will remind you of sitting around the dinner table as a child. It’s a family staple and now you can enjoy it to suit your diet preferences and if you have a dairy intolerance.
- 1 x medium onion
- 2 x cloves of garlic
- 1 x can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 x Tomato paste
- 2tbsp spoons of mixed herbs
- 6 x tbsp Olive Oil
- 5 tbsp all-purpose flour (gluten-free optional)
- 4 cups soymilk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 2tsp prepared yellow mustard
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- ¼ cup Vegan cheese – dairy-free down under
For the Lasagne
- One pkt of Lasagne sheets (gluten-free optional)
- Vegan cheese for topping – dairy-free down under
- Slice the mushrooms and zucchinis and put aside.
Prepare the Tomato sauce
- Slice the onion and garlic and sauté in pan until brown
- Pour in whole peeled tomatoes and tomato paste
- Add mixed herbs and stir until thickened.
Prepare the white sauce
- Add the oil to the pot and heat on a medium heat
- As oil heating sift in the flour (Gluten-free optional)
- Then add the soymilk all at once and stir continuously until it reaches the desired thickness
- Add the Dairy-free Down Under Cheese and stir in until melted
- When thickened take off heat and add the salt and pepper and mustard.
Time to assemble the lasagne
- Layer the Lasagne Sheets on the bottom of the Oven proof Lasagne pan
- Then Pour over 1/3rd the white sauce
- Layer the mushrooms the zucchini
- Pour over a 1/3rd of the tomato sauce
THEN REPEAT TWO MORE TIMES
- Place in oven at 190 covered for 1hour or until the Lasagne sheets are tender
- Take out of the oven and place more Dairy-Free Down Under Cheese on top and place until the grill
- Melt the Dairy-Free Down Under Cheese for 10mins or until melted and brown on top.