A light and summery dessert that does most of its preparation time in the fridge, while you’re off having fun, it’s the perfect dessert for your inevitable cheesecake craving.
Before you get started on this one, pop your coconut cream in the fridge, as it’s best used when you can scrape off all the yummy creaminess.
Feel free to add some delicious toppings, maybe some toasted coconut, lemon zest, more fresh mango – you really can’t go wrong with this one.
Prep time 30mins
Chilling Time 6hrs – overnight
Serves approx. 15 slices
- 2 cups mixed nuts (I used walnuts, almonds and cashews)
- ½ cup desiccated coconut (unsweetened)
- 6 Medjool dates
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked for 30 minutes in boiling water)
- 1½ cups coconut cream (refrigerate the cans to scoop the cream from the top)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil (solid)
- 1 cup Dairy Free Down Under Cream Cheese at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1¼ cup mango puree (as a guide, 1 medium mango is around 1 cup, to make the mango puree, pulse mango chunks in a food processer until smooth)
- For the base: In a food processor, blend all the base ingredients until you can pinch it and it sticks together
- Line a square baking dish with parchment paper and press down the base evenly into the bottom of the dish
- For the filling: In a food processor, add the soaked and drained cashews and blend for around 30 seconds. Then add in the rest of the filling ingredients. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed
- Pour onto the base and even out. Set aside in the fridge.
- For the topping: In a small saucepan, dissolve the corn starch with the lemon juice, make sure there’s no lumps
- Add in the mango puree and place in a pan over medium heat – cook for around 5mins, stirring until it thickens. Remove from the heat and let it cool for 30mins
- Pour the puree over the filling and even out with a spatula
- Refrigerate for 6 hours or until set, ideally overnight, don’t skip this step otherwise the bars will be too soft to slice – I find the longer you leave this one the tastier it is
- Remove from the baking dish and slice to the desired size
- This next step is optional, but I find this slice gets even better when left to become just slightly cooler than room temperature
- Store the rest in the refrigerator, it will keep for 4-5 days