New Year’s resolutions are a time-honoured tradition, a chance to reflect on the past year and set goals for the year ahead. One resolution that some choose to make is to go dairy-free – this can be for many reasons. In this blog, we’ll explore some of these reasons and show you why going dairy-free can be a great New Year’s resolution for you, as well as touch on some general information about New Year’s resolutions and the power of setting goals at the start of the year.
Dairy-Free Down Under is an Australian family-owned, Australia-made, and plant-based business. We are the premier dairy-free alternative company within Australia & around the world. We’re here to make family meals inclusive for everyone, no matter what their intolerances are. If you’re after the best vegan cheese Australia has to offer, find one of our stockists today.
The benefits of going dairy-free this year
It’s good for your health
We’ve already looked at the benefits of adopting a plant-based diet, but let’s talk about the benefits of going dairy-free more specifically. For some people, the main reason to go dairy-free is to improve their health. Dairy products can be high in saturated fat and cholesterol, which can contribute to heart disease and other health problems. Going dairy-free can help to reduce the risk of these health issues, as well as improve overall health and wellness.
It can help reduce the symptoms of lactose intolerance and dairy allergies
Another reason that people choose to go dairy-free is to address dietary sensitivities or allergies. Lactose intolerance is a common digestive disorder that affects people’s ability to digest lactose, a sugar found in milk and other dairy products. Going dairy-free can help to alleviate the symptoms of lactose intolerance, such as bloating, gas, and diarrhoea. Dairy allergies, which can cause symptoms such as hives, itching, and difficulty breathing, are also common reasons to go dairy-free.
It is better for the planet
In addition to health and dietary concerns, some people choose to go dairy-free for ethical or environmental reasons. Going dairy-free can be a way to reduce one’s impact on the environment and support more humane practices in the agricultural industry.
Now that we’ve explored some of the reasons why people might choose to go dairy-free, let’s talk more generally about New Year’s resolutions and the power of setting goals at the start of the year.
Do New Year’s resolutions work?
New Year’s resolutions are a great way to focus on self-improvement and make positive changes in our lives. Here are some specific benefits of writing New Year’s resolutions:
- Improved health: Many New Year’s resolutions revolve around improving health, whether it’s losing weight, eating healthier, or exercising more. By setting specific goals and sticking to them, you can make progress towards better health and wellness.
- Greater satisfaction: Accomplishing a goal, no matter how big or small, can give a sense of accomplishment and boost self-esteem. By setting and achieving New Year’s resolutions, you can feel proud of your progress and proud of yourself.
- Increased productivity: Setting goals and working towards them can increase productivity and help you get more done. By focusing on specific tasks and staying motivated, you can be more efficient and effective in your personal and professional life.
- Better time management: New Year’s resolutions can help you to prioritise your time and focus on what’s most important. By setting goals, you can create a roadmap for how you want to spend your time and make the most of each day.
- Greater focus and clarity: New Year’s resolutions can help you to clarify your priorities and focus on what’s most important to you. By setting specific goals, you can get a better understanding of what you want to achieve and how to get there.
Overall, writing New Year’s resolutions can be a powerful tool for self-improvement and personal growth. By setting specific, achievable goals and working towards them, you can make meaningful progress and live a happier, healthier life. But how do you do this?
Rather than making vague resolutions like “eat healthier” or “exercise more,” try to be specific about what you want to accomplish. For example, a specific goal might be “eat at least one vegetarian meal per week” or “go for a 30-minute walk every day.” Setting specific goals makes it easier to track progress and stay motivated.
Another important factor in making New Year’s resolutions successful is to have a plan for how to achieve your goals. This might include setting aside time each week to meal prep or signing up for a gym membership. Having a clear plan can help to keep you on track and make it easier to stick to your resolutions.
Finally, it’s important to be realistic and not set too many goals at once. Trying to make too many changes at once can be overwhelming and lead to burnout. Instead, focus on one or two key goals that are most important to you and work on those first. As you make progress and gain momentum, you can add additional goals.
In conclusion, going dairy-free can be a great New Year’s resolution for a variety of reasons, including health, dietary sensitivities, and ethical or environmental concerns. By setting specific, achievable goals and having a plan for how to achieve them, you can make your New Year’s resolution to go dairy-free a success. So, make dairy-free your New Year’s resolution and start living a healthier, happier life.
Dairy-Free Down Under can help make the switch easier
At Dairy-Free Down Under, our goal is to make dinnertime a more inclusive place for everyone. That’s why we’re committed to producing the best in dairy-free and plant-based alternatives in Australia and across the world.
If you need help ditching dairy this year, here are a few useful resources to get you started:
As seen on Channel 7, Channel 9, and The Great Day Out (Channel 7). With articles in Food and Drink magazine, Australian Retail Magazine, the Gold Coast Bulletin, and many more.