Easy dairy-free cranberry crumble
This dairy-free cranberry crumble recipe is the sweet gift that just keeps giving! One part crumble, one part slice when placed in the fridge, with a deliciously gooey centre that’s hard not to eat straight out of the bowl.
A fun twist on the more traditional rhubarb or apple crumbles, with the richness of Dairy Free Down Under Sour Cream Style, hungry yet?
Prep time 35mins
Cooking Time 40mins
Serves 8-12 (if sliced)
- 3 tablespoons of coconut cream (the thick stuff from the top)
- 1-1/2 cups Dairy Free Down Under Sour Cream Style
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornflour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the crust:
- 1 cup dairy-free butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°. In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over simmering water, whisk the first 5 ingredients until blended; stir in cranberries. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened, 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, oats, salt, and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in coconut. Reserve half of the dough for topping. Press remainder onto bottom of a greased 13×9-in. baking dish. Bake until set, 8-10 minutes.
- Spread Dairy Free Down Under Sour Cream Style mixture over crust; crumble reserved dough over top. Bake until filling is set, and top is golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack, then either serve warm as a delicious crumble, or refrigerate and cut into slices.